Mental health and wellbeing
Confidential advice and support service for merchant seafarers
The Society has joined forces with the Big White Wall to provide a mental health and wellbeing advice and support service to UK-based merchant navy personnel who may be struggling to cope.
Big White Wall provides online support 24/7 in a safe, supportive and anonymous environment. Services include information, self-help resources, access to a supportive community, and trained counsellors.
Building on the success of similar schemes run in partnership with the NHS, universities, Armed Forces and local authorities, Big White Wall is now offering support to men and women in the merchant navy with funding from the Society. The free service, funded by the Society, is available to any serving merchant navy seafarer who is based in the UK.
What users say:
‘BWW is there 24/7 so you can use it any time.’
‘BWW has helped me find other people who are going through the same feelings.’
‘I feel very safe using BWW.’
You can access the BWW service straight away and it only takes a few minutes – just click on the link below. This goes to a very short questionnaire that all potential users are asked to complete. Please be assured it is entirely anonymous – we just want to make sure you are eligible.
When you have completed the questionnaire, press SUBMIT and go straight onto the BWW login page.
About Big White Wall
- Talk to others who feel like you
- Trained counsellors online at all times
- 24/7 – online or via app for Android and iOS
- Totally anonymous
- Online self-help programmes
- Take as many as you like
- Covers topics such as depression, anxiety, weight management, stopping smoking and many more
- 1:1 online therapy sessions
- Webcam, audio and instant messaging
- Choose your therapist and pick session times to suit you (including evenings and weekends)
Click here to check out the Big White Wall website for a taste of what they do www.bigwhitewall.com